Stay healthy, Travis County
In light of recent concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19), all residents should know about the precautions we are taking to ensure that our employees and Travis County property owners stay healthy. As a result of these efforts, staff availability may be limited during this period. We appreciate your patience.
Our office is currently closed to in-person transactions. We are offering several ways for property owners to conduct TCAD business during this time, including:
- Online: Property owners can find key information and submit important documents via our website. An online chat function is also available.
- Email: Property owners can submit requests and applications by emailing us at CSInfo@tcadcentral.org.
- Phone: Property owners can reach our customer service department by calling us at 512-834-9317.
- Office Dropbox: Property owners can drop off documents at the secure dropbox available outside our office (8314 Cross Park Drive).
If you have symptoms of any illness, we strongly recommend contacting us by phone (512-834-9317) or email (CSInfo@tcadcentral.org) to handle your customer service inquiries.
Appraisal Review Board (ARB) Hearings
Beginning June 22, our office will allow individuals with scheduled hearings before the Appraisal Review Board (ARB) into our facility.
TCAD has adopted a protocol to promote a safe environment for customers, appraisal review board members, and our appraisal district office personnel. Property owners who opt for an in-person hearing will be required to comply with the following procedures:
- Services are by scheduled appointment only; walk-ins are not permitted. Individuals without an appointment will receive assistance in setting an appointment for a future date and time.
- Property owners will be permitted to enter the building no more than five minutes before their scheduled appointment time.
- All property owners will be screened prior to entering the building. Screening will include having your temperature taken and being asked if you, or any person you have been in contact with over the previous 14 days, has had any of the following symptoms: cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, fever, chills, body aches, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell, or known close contact with a person diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19.
- Customers will be required to wear a face mask or facial covering.
- Social distancing must be followed (6 feet apart).
- Generally, only one customer per property will be allowed into the building, with an exception made for ADA accommodations.
If these requirements are not met, you may be required to reschedule your appointment for a later date.