Stay healthy, Travis County
In light of recent concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19), all residents should know about the precautions we are taking to ensure that our employees and Travis County property owners stay healthy. As a result of these efforts, staff availability may be limited during this period. We appreciate your patience.
Our office is currently closed to in-person transactions. We are offering several ways for property owners to conduct TCAD business during this time, including:
- Online: Property owners can find key information and submit important documents via our website.
- Email: Property owners can submit requests and applications by emailing us at CSInfo@tcadcentral.org.
- Phone: Property owners can reach our customer service department by calling us at 512-834-9317.
- Office Dropbox: Property owners can drop off documents at the secure dropbox available outside our office (8314 Cross Park Drive).
The deadline to file a homestead exemption is April 30. While property owners may submit their applications at our office or by mail, we strongly encourage residents to consider their electronic options:
- Homestead exemption applications may be submitted via our online portal. To set up an account, property owners need an owner ID and PIN. If you do not have this information, please contact us by phone (512-834-9317) or email (CSInfo@tcadcentral.org) so we can help.
- Exemption applications may also be submitted by email at CSInfo@tcadcentral.org.
Property Owner Protests
The protest process is scheduled to begin in April. TCAD’s process provides for property owners to file their protests electronically and minimize wait times for in-person meetings:
- Travis County property owners who wish to protest the market value of their property are strongly encourage to efile via our online portal. Efiling will allow property owners to handle the entire process from the comfort of their own home, including submitting and reviewing evidence and managing their settlement offer. To set up an account, property owners need an owner ID and PIN. If you do not have this information, please contact us by phone (512-834-9317) or email (CSInfo@tcadcentral.org) so we can help.
- Property owners who wish to have an informal meeting with a TCAD employee are strongly encouraged to efile their protest via our online portal and then use our new Get in Line online option to schedule an informal meeting. This option will allow taxpayers to minimize wait time by keeping property owners informed of appointment and wait times via text message.
- Property owners scheduled for a hearing with the Appraisal Review Board (ARB) will have the option of offering their evidence by affidavit.
TCAD has extended the deadline for property owners to submit their renditions from April 15, 2020 to May 15, 2020. Learn more.
If you have symptoms of any illness, we strongly recommend contacting us by phone (512-834-9317) or email (CSInfo@tcadcentral.org) to handle your customer service inquiries.